The « Ponton » located in the rue Saint-Victor (next to the abbey) was once the home of « pontonnier » (water boatman) responsible for the crossing of the Meuse at this point and collector of tolls imposed on boatmen.
The entire Meuse Renaissance of the 16th and 17th centuries style consists of two buildings « L », interconnected by a square gatehouse.
These buildings were restored in 1925 by architect L. Hutois Schoenmackers


Copie (3) de Huy 015